The Anderson Family

The Anderson Family

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

23 Weeks

At 23 weeks, my baby is supposedly the size of a large mango.  She also is supposed to be able to hear noises that go on in the house.  I guess this means she'll be used to a lot of sports buzzers and cheering thanks to Jevan and the NBA playoffs.  ;)

I had a doctors appointment yesterday, and I have to say, I love my doctors, and I love going to my appointments.  It is so fun to see how things are progressing, and very reassuring as well.  Starting with this last appointment, the nurse will be measuring the growth of my baby by measuring the top of my uterus to my pubic bone.  Apparently the length of that space should be about equal to the amount of weeks I am.  Luckily, it was pretty much exact!  That was good to know everything is growing right on schedule.

I've been feeling our baby girl move a lot more.  She can get a little wild sometimes...in fact, she's moving like crazy right now.  She must know I'm writing about her.  But it was even cooler at the doctors when I was listening to the heart beat.  The nurse could tell from the Doppler when the baby moved.  So she would say, "Did you feel her move just then?"  And it was awesome, because I could!  She is supposed to respond to the Doppler, so I was glad she was.  Luckily everything is still very healthy and going well!

My next appointment is to find out if I have gestational diabetes or not...hopefully the test is negative!  It would not be fun to change my eating habits now.

Also, thanks to Kari, (and technically Wendy), I got some fun new maternity clothes!


23 Weeks!
And, on an unrelated note, I got a new phone today!  I finally joined the world of smart phones.  My awesome, 5 year old flip phone has been difficult lately.  Basically, I couldn't hear anything or talk to anyone unless it was open on speaker phone.  It was a big pain.  So, I figured if I was going to get a new phone, might as well go all the way!  It's an Iphone 5C, and I love it so far.  But it's only been a few hours.  ;)

Also, only a few more weeks of teaching!  May 29th is my last day.  Pretty crazy.  It's sad, and exciting at the same time.  I can't wait to be done, but know I will be bored waiting the last 3 months for this baby to be born.  It's been a really great experience being a teacher though, and I'm so happy and grateful I was able to do it, even if it was only for one school year.



No comments:

Post a Comment