The Anderson Family

The Anderson Family

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Our baby GIRL!!!

I am now 19 weeks!  We were able to go get our ultra sound on Monday and find out what our baby is...and as you can see, it's a GIRL!!!  Jevan and I are both so excited!  I think I'm more excited than Jevan though.  He was hoping for a boy...but..he already thought it was going to be a girl, so he was okay with the news.  ;)  He does think he's cursed with his dad's ability to produce a lot of girls though.  I just told him not to worry, we'll have a boy next.  ;) And, I did secretly want a girl..but of course, we would've been just as happy either way!

There are always about 4 weeks between each appointment, and I always get nervous towards the end of those 4 weeks, wondering if the baby actually is okay!  Luckily, there is never anything to worry about!  Our little girl is totally healthy!  My blood work is normal, her heart beats at a great pace, and she is just overall...perfect!  I mean, they did say she was a little small...37th percentile, but she is still in the normal range, so it's all good!  In fact, it's even better!  A small, but totally healthy baby is ideal for me!

It's always cool seeing the baby and hearing the heartbeat...it makes it more...real.  It's even more real now that we know she's a little girl!  It was crazy to see her moving around inside!  I had been told she was moving, and that I could start feeling her soon, but I didn't think I ever had.  However, now that I KNOW exactly where she is in my body, I'm pretty sure I've been feeling her everyday since!  I guess I just didn't realize where I should be feeling movements from.  But yeah, she's always moving around now!  They said it would be like flutters, but to me, it just feels like rolling motions, or a little pulse, or just a bunch of little pushes.  It's pretty crazy!  I can't wait for Jevan to be able to feel her!

On the ultra sound I could tell some features, but there were a lot of things the technician was talking about that we could not see at all!  And unfortunately our little girl was facing towards my spine the whole time, and wouldn't roll over.  So we didn't really get a good look at her face or profile.  But I did see her arm, hand, spine, tummy, head/brain, heartbeat, and supposedly her nose/lip.

So, I think that's about it for how our appointment went.  It was just so great, and we're so excited to know we're going to have a new Anderson girl in the family!

Here are some pics.  I feel like now that I know I'm having a girl, or now that I'm 19 weeks, I've all of a sudden shown more, and felt more movements!  It's weird how fast babies grow once they hit a certain point.

19 Weeks!  I promise I'm not sticking out my stomach!  But maybe it's because my shirt is more form fitting?  I know I'm still small though, and I'm completely grateful!

I hope our little girl won't be embarrassed later on in life that I put this here, but check it out!  Proof she's a girl!

A foot.

Another foot.

An arm.

Another arm.

And I guess this is her nose and lip, looking like...up her nose I guess.  Pretty crazy!  They want to make sure she doesn't have cleft lip or anything, and she looks fine!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I remember secretly hoping I was having a girl too! When she was really small her movements felt like little muscle twitches in my lower abdomen. Such a crazy feeling! Always made me smile. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete