The Anderson Family

The Anderson Family

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Our Little Miss Elsie

Well, it's taken me about 4 weeks, but I've finally found a minute to write a little bit about our adventures as a new little family!  Elsie Rebecca Anderson was born on Aug. 21st, 2014 at 12:05 p.m. in St. George, UT.  She was 7 lbs even, and 20 inches long.  I was lucky enough to have a really smooth and quick delivery.  The day before Elsie was born I had started feeling some small cramping contractions.  By about 1:00 that night (maybe sooner, I'm not sure), they had started to increase in their intensity.  Needless to say, I didn't get any sleep that night.  But it wasn't until about 4:30 that morning when I had such a bad contraction that it woke Jevan up.  I ended up calling the hospital and even though my contractions were about 3-5 min. apart, they said I could wait or come in, it was up to me.  So, I decided to wait.  At 8:30 I finally went into the hospital.  They asked what my pain level was, and I said, a 4, not wanting to be a wimp if I wasn't very far along.  I was then a little overwhelmed but super excited when the nurse said, "Well, looks like you're going to stay and have a baby today.  You're already dilated to a 7!"

Shortly after I got up to the delivery room my water broke.  It was such a surprise!  And made the contractions so much worse.  They were still able to give me an epideral (even thought I found out later that they usually don't give epiderals if you're dilated above a 5...and your water breaks...oh well.  I survived.)  Man, that epideral was heaven!  Then I quickly escalated to being dilated to a 9, and, once the doctor and I were both ready, I gave about 5 pushes and out came our beautiful little girl!

She has been such an amazing little baby.  So good.  Sleeps a ton, at least she used to!  She is awake a lot more now, and does have her occasional rough days and nights where she just cries.  But in general she is super happy, and we've loved having her in our life!  Here are a bunch of her professional pics, since I've put others on facebook already.




























1 comment:

  1. So happy for you guys! I love the newborn photos! They are some of the best I've seen! :) Also, I think it's so cool you picked her name from family history!

    ReplyDelete