The Anderson Family

The Anderson Family

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Fun Weekend With The Solomons

Last Thursday Jevan and I were talking about how we missed hanging out with our good friends Drue and Jane Solomon.  They used to live in Rexburg with us, but since then we have moved our separate ways.  Luckily, they only live in Logandale, Nevada, so they're really only about 1 1/2 hours away.  So, we thought, what the heck?  Let's see if we can visit them on Saturday!  It was awesome!  Friday night Jevan and I went to St. George, where we did a Temple trip with Jev's dad, and then went to Texas Road House.  It was my first time there, and it was awesome!  I especially liked the rolls.  I think I could've been happy just eating those.  haha.  Then we watched an edited version of a movie called 3:10 to Yuma.  I was so full and tired that I missed most of it by falling asleep. :(  But Jevan's parents loved it!  It's a Western drama...but they seemed to think it was a comedy!  haha.  Probably the same way Jev and I feel about the new True Grit movie (it's hilarious!). 

The next day Jevan and I woke up at 6:00 a.m. so we could start our 45 min. trip to Mesquite so Jevan and Drue could golf at 8:00 a.m. at this really nice golf course Drue works at.  The reason I'm mentioning all these times is because as we passed the Arizona state line, I suddenly realized that we were headed to Nevada....and they are in the Pacific time zone, which means we were a whole hour too early!  It was super lame, but we just stopped at Walmart in Mesquite, Jevan got some new golf tees and I bought Jane a baby gift.

Jevan then met up with Drue and I left them to golf while I drove the remaining 30 min. to visit Jane and their new baby Jedidiah!  It was so fun!  I got to hear all about her time at the hospital and her first month being a new mom.  Jed wasn't the easiest baby at first because he would cry and puke all the time, but it turned out it was because he has heartburn.  He's on medicine now and is doing much better!  It was great just to hang out with Jane and her new baby.  We have a lot in common and it was nice to talk to someone who thinks the same way as I do.  I also got to hold a sweet little baby and have him fall asleep in my arms.  Who doesn't like that??

Then the boys came back, we played a little Mario Brothers on the Wii, and went out to eat at a cute little diner type place called Sugars.  They had really great potato skins, breakfast, and hamburgers.  Drue grew up in Logandale, so he pointed out all the important stuff in this little town, like their only gas station, his best friend's house from high school, and a house that looks like a castle.  We met a lot of old people that would mumble stuff to us loud enough for us to hear them, but quiet enough that we couldn't understand them.  So we would just nod and smile.  haha.

Then we headed back to St. George to watch basketball and eat Cafe Rio for dinner before we headed back to our place in Cedar.  Sorry for no pictures, I should be better about that.  But it was a super fun weekend and I thought it worth the blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment